Friday, February 16, 2007

OB visit

Well, still no baby, no "real" contractions (though I'm having the Braxton Hicks contractions all the time), no water breaking. I am getting a little antsy!

Today I had my OB visit. Yet again I didn't really gain any weight, however when the nurse practitioner measured my stomach it grew a bunch over this last week, which is good. They did the NST on me where they hook you up to a fetal heart monitor for several minutes to see if the baby's heart rate increases--and remains elevated--any time she moves. It was really interesting. They said the baby is "textbook perfect" on that, so yayy! Even though they think she's small apparently she is strong and healthy.

I also had an ultrasound today to check the amniotic fluid level. That was also perfect. (What a high achiever my baby already is.) I guess that the reason they do these tests is to verify that the placenta is providing enough oxygen/nourishment to the baby. So with a thin baby they want to make sure. I go back again on Tuesday for another NST.

Funny thing was, I had some errands to run afterwards which included a stop at the grocery store. The nurse practitioner was in there! And for some reason I felt awkward seeing someone that just an hour ago or so had been rubbing jelly on and measuring my huge, bare stomach. I don't know if she saw me, but I didn't go say hello. I am so weird sometimes!

2 comments:

Jeannett said...

Will you pop that kid out already? Monday's the big D day...maybe she's just wanting to be prompt. Not early and not late...?

Brianna Heldt said...

Maybe so! Or maybe she will take after Kevin and I...we're ALWAYS running late.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com