Saturday, February 24, 2007

Yosef and Biniam's 2 year check up

(Okay so still no baby being born for me...when is this going to happen?) Anyway, Friday morning the boys had their two year well-check. Yosef is on the charts, though barely, for both his weight and height, and Biniam is (barely) on the charts for height, but not weight. Once the baby is born I'm going to talk more to the pediatrician about possible causes for him being so small, but it's possible he is just little. I DID find out, however, why he is so prone to colds hanging on, why he snores and why he talks in such a nasally voice. Apparently his tonsils are completely huge and oversized, poor kid! The doctor said within several years he should grow into them, and that unless he stops breathing in his sleep (like sleep apnea), which we've never seen happen, he doesn't have to have them out. I feel bad that he is always so nasally but I'm grateful it doesn't sound like he has to have surgery, as the problem should correct itself in time.

So that's it. I also had an OB visit Friday which went well, though I'm getting tired of them, as I have two per week these days. I wasn't on the computer at all this past week (very odd but kind of nice!) but will probably be on more this week and will definitely post something if I ever actually go into labor. :)

11 comments:

Jeannett said...

Wow, you were up late! Good to hear the boys are doing so well...poor little Bin...but at least it should fix itself naturally.

Try jumping jacks...that might get that kid out!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! I know how hard that last month of pregnancy can be. I am glad to hear that your boys are doing well.

shell said...

i have been checking your blog a few times a day, i was 5 days late with anna and i about lost it, so i have been there! praying for you

Rachel said...

The Chinese Chicken salad from California Pizza Kitchen did it for me, my water broke 8 hours later. Try it...

Anonymous said...

I heard that pedicures can help enduce labor...something about pressure points on your ankles...I don't buy it, but you can tell Kevin and get yourself a little pampering in the meantime!

Brianna Heldt said...

Okay so maybe tomorrow I will go have the salad at CPK, go to the salon for a pedicure, and finish off the day with some jumping jacks...

(Jeannett does granola help too??? Hehe.)

dillyweed said...

Try exercising some - even a walk. And you know what they say about "intimacy" to induce, right?
And what's funny is that someone commented about CPK and pedicures...
Because the day I actually went into labor, my husband and I got sent back home from the hospital until the labor progressed more and instead of going straight home, we met up with my friend at CPK for lunch and then she and I went for pedicures across the mall (I figured that if I did something like that, my labor was sure to progress faster). A few hours later I was checking into the hospital to deliver... so I guess something did the trick. And if not, at least you'll have pretty toenails for when you DO go into labor. Right?
Good luck to you. Keep us posted and enjoy some sleep before the big day!
-Briana

Kristen Borland said...

poor biniam!

Rachel said...

A friend of mine took me in for a pedicure for my birthday, a week before my due date. I was afraid they were going to make fun of my swollen ankles and legs in a language I didn't understand, but they just loved my big belly. I did go for a walk the night my water broke though. Nothing big, maybe a half mile. Hmmm... I thought it was the salad!

Anonymous said...

Snoring Advice Snoring Advice - Top needed information, and helpfull articles about snoring at Snoring Advice

Anonymous said...

Snoring Advice Snoring Advice - Top needed information, and helpfull articles about snoring at Snoring Advice

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com