Friday, November 26, 2010

Festive festivities

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!



Ours was oh so good.





And really, how could it not be, when you have these two cuties for kids?!!!




We spent the afternoon and evening with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law and their sweet girls, and some friends and their sweet girls.  Six adults and nine kids...and lots and lots of food.  I have not been that full in a long, long time.





  Sweet cousins.  Anna, Aubrey, Ainsley and Kaitlyn.





All the cousins on the couch.  Looking in the general direction of the camera.  :)





Cousins MOstly looking in the general direction of the camera :)




All the older kids


So yes, a wonderful day that culminated in Kevin watching football, me reading Scott Hahn's The Lamb's Supper: The Mass as Heaven on Earth, and both of us falling asleep on the couch at 10 pm during Seinfeld.


And the seasonal fun only continues.


Because today was:





Donuts for with breakfast,







Hauling in all of the Christmas ornaments and decor,








Setting up our fake, pre-lit (LOVE!) Christmas tree,








Decorating the Christmas tree,





Hanging the stockings by the chimney with masking tape care,





Putting up the Nativity Set (Anna set up all the pieces!),





And watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. (Sorry, no photos.  Just imagine four kids lounging around the living room, and me chasing Mary away from the Christmas ornaments.)


No Black Friday shopping for me, except that I just bought a really fun Christmas banner here!!!  SO, so cute.  My friend's mom makes them and they are WONDERFUL. 


Here is my Give Thanks one that I LOVE:



In fact, I love it so much (and think the message is so universally applicable) that not only has it resided in THREE different places in my house already, I am now going to search for a permanent spot where it can hang.  We should give thanks all year round, no?


Now for some other random Holiday thoughts:


--While I'm not sure what's for dinner tonight, I DO know that we have a bunch of leftover pie that we will be consuming for dessert. 

--I'm hoping to get my Advent candles tomorrow and be ready to go when the season starts on Sunday.

--And I have gathered up a big pile of all our Christmas books, which I think I will wrap individually so we can open one per day starting December 1st, and read it together as a family.


We're really enjoying getting into the Holiday spirit, if you couldn't tell.


Probably in part because it has been SUCH a blessing and joy to have a wonderful long weekend with Kevin.  I'm soaking up the time.  Just knowing he's around is so nice.


I hope you are finding small, simple things to enjoy this week, as well!



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com