Saturday, November 13, 2010

If people with Down syndrome ruled the world

I love this article.

So, so sweet.

We have some friends right now who are in Ethiopia for their court date. 

We instant-messaged yesterday morning.

They met our girls.

And had such incredibly wonderful things to say about them.

We have close friends living in Ethiopia right now, who have also gone and spent time with our girls.

In fact, I have a photo of their daughter with one of MY daughters.

SO precious.  And surreal.  Really, really surreal.

As parents waiting to meet our children, these updates mean so.much.to.us.

Because while we have not, people dear to us have met our daughters. 

It goes without saying that waiting on a court date is a time of much anticipation. 

I've been really good so far and have not pestered our agency about a timeline.  Not even ONCE.

I know our girlies are in good hands, and our time will come. 

In the meantime, I live for updates from friends...try to enjoy the relative-calm before the certain-to-be chaos...and feel giddy when I read articles with titles like "If People with Down Syndrome Ruled the World".



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com