Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

I just wanted to drop in while I'm sipping my coffee and wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!

My pumpkin pie is baked and my potatoes are mashed.  Hooray!

So far we've had a really fabulous day...

Being awakened to loud whispering outside our bedroom door of "Happy Thanksgiving Mom and Dad!"

Attending Mass (and eating donuts) with dear friends

And soon we'll be heading down to my sister-in-law and brother-in-law's home for an amazing feast with family and more friends!

I am thankful for so many things.  Cliche, but true.  The one that stands out for me right now though is that my amazing, brave, wonderful aunt is being released from the hospital today, after surgery to remove a brain tumor.  I so wish I could be there with my extended family this Thanksgiving Day, but we'll see them next month, and they are all together today, which is so good.

I'm also incredibly thankful for my children, and my husband, and my friends.

And for the two precious little girls in Ethiopia who will be joining our family.

Thankful too for God and for His grace in my life. 

The list goes on. 

And I meant to blog yesterday--but I was busy homeschooling and organizing closets and working on picking up the unfinished part of our basement.  So I'm thankful I got some stuff done!

It WAS supposed to be "What I Wore Wednesday."  Nothing exciting to share, as always, but I did remember to take awkward pictures of myself a couple of times.  So:

Wednesday.  Me in my comfies.  From the thrift store and Walmart clearance.  I would live in this stuff if I could.  I was home all day.  My favorite place to be!




Thursday.  School drop-off/pick-up, time with girlfriends.  All from the thrift store.  Posy pin from The Pleated Poppy.



This was Sunday, so we went to church.  Sweater: thrift store.  Dress: Nordstrom clearance rack 8 years ago.  Scarf: KMart four years ago.  Leggings: WalMart clearance.  Fake leather boots: Kohls.  Necklace: Lisa Leonard Designs.






Monday.  Went to my church moms group and then out to coffee that night with a sweet friend I hadn't seen in awhile.  White long-sleeved shirt: Abercrombie and Fitch 8 years ago.  Jeans: Target clearance.  Everything else: thrift store.






I hope you have a truly wonderful Thanksgiving, filled with lots of food and love.

Thank you so much for being a part of my life here in the blogosphere.  I love blogging, and I love the relationships that have grown out of it.  I am constantly challenged and inspired by the words of you all.  Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 


 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com