Thursday, May 08, 2008

City livin'

So we are starting to love Denver, and are so happy to be in this particular neighborhood. We're in walking distance of some really cool shops and restaurants on South Pearl Street, and decently close to some other places.

Last night Kevin and I were hungry (I'd fed the kids leftovers for dinner earlier but we didn't have time to eat because the handyman and then the home security systems guy were coming over), and he ran out to get us gyros for dinner at an authentic middle eastern restaurant. This place is seriously like a three minute drive from our house. And the food is SO GOOD!




We live really close to the University of Denver (pictured here) and so there are several places to eat around there, like this one. Also pretty cool because in some ways we get to feel like we live in a college town, which reminds me of when we lived in SLO (which I miss). Lots of college-aged "kids" (haha, I must be really old if I call them "kids") at the grocery store, for example.



Anyway, if you live in the Denver metro area, check out the restaurant. It's great!

8 comments:

Jason and Anna said...

We have a restaraunt like that in SLO too. The Jaffa Cafe! It's amazing...sooooo yummy!!! By far my favorite right now. You should try the falafel if they have it at your restaraunt. So good.

Jason and Anna said...

Oh, and I meant the falafel sandwich. I'm sure you can buy them as an appetizer but it's so good in the pita!

Brianna Heldt said...

anna i so almost got falafel last night! that'll be the next one i try! (we never made it to jaffa, bummer.)

joy said...

beautiful! city llivin--must be nice. but, i still miss you. love kaitlyn's garden gnomw. my mom had a bunch of those in our yard growing up. i hated them then, but now i'd love to have them. sadly, my dad got rid of them. :(

Jacquelyn said...

I want a Shawarmah! In Israel Phillip and I had them all the time and I haven't seen them at any U.S. restaurant. I guess I'll have to check out the Jaffa Cafe

(Funny, one of the places Phillip and I ate at frequently was just outside the Jaffa gate called "King Falafel" - mmm, it brings back great, yummy memories.)

cathy said...

We've eaten there! Small world. We went to a lecutre at UD and got hungry. I agree. It is the best. I'm glad you're finding CO a good fit for your family.

Anonymous said...

Hi brianna-
I linked to you a while back...
I mostly lurk...
I wanted to *introduce* you to another of my blogging friends who also lives in the Denver area...
check out the Good family at
www.goodhappenings.com
They are a family with 2 sons from Vietnam(age 22 months and 10 months) and a bio daughter(5 weeks old)
jena(twodifferentloves)

Laurzie said...

You amaze me! After your move I thought it would be weeks until you posted and lo and behold you've been a blogging maniac! Wow, I'm looking forward to catching up. I hope all is well in your new home!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com