Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Not David Beckham, but...

Something funny about our new 'hood: we live right across the street from professional soccer players. Yep, some players on the Colorado Rapids pro soccer team are in the house across from us.

AND, Friday night, when Kevin brought home our new (to us) armoire we bought off Craigslist, and I wasn't strong enough to help him move it into the house, he knocked on their door and one of them helped him! (The forward pictured above. His bio says he likes card games, chess, and playing guitar, all favorite pasttimes of my husband. A match made in heaven!)


SO we can now say that a professional athlete was in our home. Exciting times.

6 comments:

Jeannett said...

I kindly request a photo of said armoire....

Shana said...

"My" Biniam would be so excited! Maybe your boys could learn a little about soccer from him...

Kristen Borland said...

golly! now you'll have to start watching soccer!

Unknown said...

single? my age? I think i need to visit Denver... :)

joy said...

some people have all the luck. we only live next door to a city manager, a pastor, a chiropractor and the cal poly wrestling coach. you're so lucky! and i agree with jeannett of the armoire is needed. and, thanks for the tell two post about hiv. very informative.

Brianna Heldt said...

jeannett and joy, i will soon post a pic of the armoire. it's nothing too fancy. :) and joy, the chiropractor might come in handy! (the wrestling coach, not as much.)

HA christal, you crack me up! i know he's not married, and i think i read on that bio that he's my age. come on out and visit, and i'll introduce you...


shana, yeah, too bad my kids aren't older, i'm sure they'd really get a kick out of it all!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com