Tuesday, May 13, 2008

New friends

So I was so blessed to spend some time connecting with some wonderful ladies and their sweet kids this morning.

There are two women in the Denver area whose blogs I've read for awhile now, and who I've emailed with, even before I knew we were moving here to Denver. They both have children from Ethiopia (one is waiting to bring hers home!) and so this morning we got together, along with Janee, another mom who is passionate about so many of the same things and who will start the adoption process sometime soon. It was really fun meeting up with people I've only "known" online!

Angela, Jennifer and Janee were so wonderful and I can't wait to hang out again! My kids had a blast too. (Random small world connection for you Lisa--Jennifer won one of your hand-stamped necklaces once! So we talked about you today, and it made me miss you. :) )

5 comments:

joy said...

so glad that you have some friends already. how wonderful is that? and if that new church of yours isn't using Bibles--are you sure it's an okay church? i mean, i thought that if I brought my Bible to church, it was like extra credit or something. better check on it :) ha, ha. it's so great to hear that you can go and take kevin to the park for lunch! can't wait to see more pics of the house.

Kristen Borland said...

i'm so glad you are connecting with some friends, especially ones that you have so much in common with. how awesome for your kids!!

4dogmomma said...

Hi Brianna, It's Wendy - mom to 5! year old Wodajo from Ethiopia. I'm so glad you all made it to Denver safely and (selfishly) that you are up blogging again. I loved your Mothers Day blog about praying for the boy's mom. We aren't very connected to an Ethiopian community here in Winston and I really miss that. (We moved here from Atlanta which has a large ET community.)

lindsey said...

i'm loving that you're so regular with blogging again! sorry i haven't commented in so long - i'm just lame that way - but we miss you here!

Unknown said...

oh, you are so sweet. I am so thrilled that you are here and so so happy to have you as a new friend! Can't wait to see you again!
Angela

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com